As a Strategic Financial Analyst Intern focused on marketing metrics and reporting you’ll play a critical role in helping Good Tree scale and extend its presence. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be a member of the Marketing team with a primary focus on analyzing, forecasting and modeling marketing metrics such as CAC, retention, and customer segmentation.
From day one, you will have an impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing budget and daily operations. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working with all levels of management to gain an understanding of key business drivers, business operations, and financial models in addition to independently gathering, reviewing, and analyzing large data sets to produce strategic insights.
- Develop reports and analyses on customer acquisition costs by channel and marketing efficiency.
- Perform cohort analysis and develop retention KPIs and reports and conduct strategic data analysis in order to help us scale and optimize the business.
- Provide ongoing reports, and recommend business plan updates and models to forecast sales and revenue. efficiently and effectively.
- Create demand forecasting plans, analyze customer data including LTV, retention, etc.
- Work across the organization to define and create business processes to help us scale efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee business performance reporting and communication of performance to the broader organization and executive leadership. Who Knows? As an early-stage startup, our company and plans are quickly changing. Everyone wears many hats and responsibilities evolve rapidly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Advanced analytical skills with experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating abundant information with accuracy
- Prior experience analyzing with customer acquisition cost (CAC) analysis, retention, cohort analysis is required
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to business planning
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Follow the 80 /20: Work efficiently while generating valuable insights for the business
- Self Starter - Ability to work independently - from data collection to execution
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills. Experience with data visualization tools and SQL plus 2-5+ years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, CPG, retail or other analytical roles; experience at a high growth startup is a definite plus.